Making a decision on the most qualified professional roofer in Horace to install or repair your roof is the first and most crucial step when it comes to repairing or replacing your old roof. Why? For starters, there is an old roofing proverb that says, “The most significant day in the life of your roof is the day it is built.” Installation techniques that are “proper” are critically crucial to ensure a successful installation.
Listed below are some simple considerations to make when hiring the proper specialist to handle your homes roofing needs
Inspect your roofing contractors’ insurance policy to ensure that they are properly covered. Why should I hire an insured roofer? Did you know that if you hire a roof repair service who is not properly insured that you may become the general contractor? And you may be held liable for not only any damage to your home but you may also for any roofing employees that are injured while working on it too.
Check to see whether your Horace roofing contractor provides workmanship warranties (not just manufacturer warranties). This will help to safeguard you from being subjected to substandard installation practices.
The following are some of the most common causes for manufacturer warranties to be voided:
- The installation was done incorrectly
- Inadequate ventilation in the attic
- Condensation of moisture is a process that occurs
- Nail placement that is not correct
- Natural disasters are a common occurrence (lightning, hurricanes, tornados, earthquakes, hailstorms, excessive wind)
- An excessive number of layers are being applied to a roof